Radio Scan is part of SCAN TV company. SCAN TV specializes on economic and financial news. It is a small television by revenues and it is owned by people active in several sections of Albanian economy, including banking, financial services, food and wholesale or retail of electronics and construction materials.
Media Companies / Groups
Scan TV JSC
Radio Scan is part of SCAN TV shareholding company. Scan TV is owned by eight individuals (most of them owners of Credins Bank) where majority shareholder has 34.41% (Astrit Hana) whereas the remaining 65.59% are attributed to 7 shareholders:
RenisTershana, (11.5%), Neritan Dojaka, (10%), Aleksandër Pilo, (13.24%), Adrian Pere, (5.28%), ThomaMinga, (10.57%), Fuad Haxhiymeri, (10%), ArtanXhori, (5%).
Voting rights are the same as shareholders rights.
Group / Individual Owner
Aleksandër Pilo is a businessman and owns 16.68% of Credins Bank, 25% of Credins Leasing, leasing company, 5% of Citypark Albania, the second largest shopping centre and 20% of a company called Tirana Shopping Centre that has no reported activity. Pilo owns also EMIGRES, a construction materials company founded in 1999.
Renis Tershana is a businessman and owns 24.3% of the shares in Credins Bank, the third largest bank in the country and is the sole shareholder of R&T, a technology company founded in 1995 with revenues of 1.8 billion Lek (USD 14 Mio) in 2016 and net profits of 50.5 million Lek (USD 393.639). He also owns 30% of Sicred, a life insurance company.
Thoma Minga is one of the founders of MediaSat shareholding company which was later rebranded into Scan TV. He has no other known affiliated interests.
Neritan Dojaka also owns 0.57% of the shares of Credins Bank and 2% of Credins Leasing. He owns 50.05% of the shares of ALBAELETTRICA, a company founded in 1995 with activity in the trade of electrical and other industrial equipment. In 2016, ALBAELETRICA reported revenues of 2.7 billion Lek (USD 21 Mio) and net profits of 259 million lek (USD 2 Mio).
Fuad Haxhiymeri also owns 3.2% of the shares of Credins Bank and 45.7% of Bloja sh.a, a shareholding company founded in 1995, a former state owned flour mill privatized in 1996. In 2016, this company reported revenues of 1.6 billion Lek (USD 12.5 Mio) and net profits of 28.8 million Lek (USD 224.491).
Adrian Pere is one of the founders of MediaSat shareholding company which was later rebranded into Scan TV. He has no other known affiliated interests.
Artan Xhori is a businessman active in the consumer electronics market, including audio-visual equipment. He owns a company named TBS 96 Sh.p.k founded in 2006. In 2016, this company declared revenues of 392 million Lek (USD 3 Mio) and net profits of 55.7 million Lek (USD 434.172).
Affiliated Interests Founder
On May 8th 2000, a shareholding company named MediaSat was founded with shareholder capital of 2 Мio Lek (USD 13.691) with shareholders Agim Ramaj (40%), Thoma Minga (30%), Adrian Pere (20%) and Ilir Goci, (10%). The company operated a TV station called TV ATN1. In 2009, MediaSat received a licence for private local radio station for regions Tirana and Durres. In 2010, the name of the company and the station was changed to TV SCAN.
Agim Ramaj – the brother-in-law of Sali Berisha, the Former President (1992-1997) and Former Prime Minister (2005-2013), is a businessman active in the construction sector through MARTINI sh.p.k, founded in 1996. Ramaj sold his shares of MediaSat in 2006 to Astrit Hana (20%) and to Artan Kripa (20%).
Ilir Goci– sold his shares in 2006. He has no other known affiliated interests.
Thoma Minga – is currently a shareholder in the company. He has no other known affiliated interests.
Adrian Pere – is currently a shareholder in the company and has no other known affiliated interests.
Affiliated Interests Ceo
Elvana Hana – is an economist. In 2005-2013 she served as a director of the State Health Insurance Fund. She is the daughter of Astrit Hana, the majority shareholder of the company and the wife of Maltin Korkuti, the CEO of Credins Bank, the third biggest bank (by assets) in the country. She is a relative of the wife of the former leader of Democratic Party, Sali Berisha.
Affiliated Interests Editor-In-Chief
Rruga AleksanderMoisiu, Ish-Kinostudiu
Revenue (in Mill. $)
Operating Profit (in Mill. $)
Advertising (in % of total funding)
The ownership structure and financial statement are publicly available on the Albanian National Business Registry. Radio Scan is part of SCAN TV company. It is not a separate legal entity and thus doesn't have separate financial statements. The financial data provided are for 2016. The Central Bank's average exchange rate for 2016 was used to convert the amounts into USD. SCAN TV replied to the MOM information request on 26 December 2017. See sources for more.